THE GREEN CREDIT LINE FACILITY (SUSTAINABLE FINANCE)
The Green Credit Line Facility is a green financing initiative developed by The Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia (EIF) and managed by financial institutions including Bellatrix SME Finance. The facility is a green blended finance product with the aim to avail sustainable capital to Micro, Small and Medium-sized Eenterprises (MSMEs) and Startups to meet their sustainable finance needs.
- Supporting MSMEs and Startups to improve their environmental footprint through the application and diffusion of cleaner production technology and methods to reduce hazardous waste, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, water pollutants, while also helping them become more competitive.
- Making a tangible and visible impact in the Namibian economy through the provision of concessional loans, guarantees and equity to Namibian individuals and enterprises, targeted mainly to communities predominantly in the rural and off-grid areas, thereby stimulating economic activities through sustainable development oriented concessional financing.
- Supporting the creation of social and economic upliftment in Namibia, through the deployment and use of innovative green technologies and sustainable agricultural practices to mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Concessional loans (Bridge Finance & Term Loans)
- Guarantees (Performance & Financial Guarantees)
- Equity Funding
KEY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA FOR QUALIFICATION:
- Sustainability & Adaptability
- Bankability & Scalability
- Social Impact & Economic Empowerment (preferential treatment will be given to MSMEs owned women, youth & previously disadvantaged individuals)
- Developmental Impact (employment creation, rural development & poverty alleviation)
- Mandate Fit as per focus areas below,
The products under this Green Credit Line Facility will be given to MSMEs and Startups with projects in the green and adaptation space such as:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Community based and Sustainable Tourism
- Renewable Energy Innovation and Energy Efficiency
- Natural Resource Value Chains, including biomas and bush encroachment
- Efficient Use of Natural Resources (economic use of scare resources such as water, etc)
- Waste Management / Recycling
- Minimum Loan Amount is N$ 20 000.
- Maximum Loan Amount is N$ 2 000 000.
- Minimum Guarantee Amount is N$ 100 000.
- Maximum Guarantee Amount is N$ 2 000 000.
- Repayment Period for Loans & Guarantees is 6 years.
- Grace Period is 6-12 months.
- Maximum Equity Funding is N$ 6 000 000.
- Approved funds to be paid to suppliers except for working capital.
- Entity registration documents for Close Corporation or Private Company or Trust
- Good standing certificates from NAMRA and Social Security Commission
- MSME Certificate
- Business Plan
- KYC Documents:
- Namibian identity document (ID) or valid passport for each member/shareholder/director/sole proprietor/trustee/beneficiary of trust/authorized signatories. (Police stamp must not be older than 3 months.)
- Latest proof of residence (e.g. municipal bill/ lease agreement or police declaration) for each member/ shareholder/ director/ sole proprietor/ trustee/beneficiary of trust/authorized signatories
- Valid foreign identification documents or foreign passport or permanent residence permit for Non-Namibian Residents and proof of residence
- If married/divorced: marriage certificate, spouse’s ID/Ante Nuptial Contract divorce decree
- Proof of business address Municipal bill/lease agreement
- Proof of bank account (Bank Confirmation Letter)
- 6 Months bank statement for the business (applicable to existing business only)
- 6 Months personal bank statement for member/shareholder/sole proprietor/trustee/trust’s beneficiary
- Balance Sheet (Assets & Liabilities) for each member/shareholder/sole proprietor/trustee/ trust’s beneficiary (Template to be provided)
HOW TO APPLY?
- Complete Application Form (hard copy or online at www.bellatrixfinance.com)
- Attach required documents
- Submit completed application through the following channels: